Let's Explore Gardner's multiple intelligences
A research expert, Prof. Howard Gardener, developed a model of intelligence “multiple intelligences” Which means a variety of intelligences. That is, everyone has a variety of intelligences, but with different levels of development. The intent of Gardener’s intelligence is a set of capabilities or skills that can be developed or grow. Let’s Explore Gardner’s multiple intelligences.
According to Howard Gardener in every human being there are 8 kinds of intelligence, namely:
1. LINGUISTIC INTELLIGENCE
Linguistic intelligence is one of the multiple intelligences the ability to use words effectively, both orally and in writing.
- You love to play with words. You enjoy poetry. You like listening to stories.
- You read anything; Books, magazines, newspapers and even product labels.
- You feel easy and confident expressing yourself both orally and in writing. For example, you are smart in communicating and smart in telling or writing about something.
- You love to spice up your conversations with interesting things you just read or heard.
- You love doing crosswords, playing scrable or playing puzzles. You can spell very well.
2. MATHEMATICAL LOGIC INTELLIGENCE
Mathematical logical intelligence is a person’s ability to solve problems. He is able to think and construct solutions (outlet) in a logical sequence (sensible).
- You enjoy working with numbers and can do mental calculations (look up).
- You are interested in technological advances and are fond of experimenting to see how things work.
- You feel easy to do financial planning. You set targets in the form of numbers in your business and life.
- You enjoy setting up a detailed itinerary. You often prepare, number and assign a to-do list.
- You are happy with games, puzzles or something that requires logical and statistical thinking skills such as a game of chekers or chess.
3. VISUAL AND SPATIAL INTELLIGENCE
Visual and spatial intelligence is the ability multiple intelligences to see and observe the visual and spatial world accurately (meticulously).
- You love art, enjoy painting and sculpture. You have a good sense of color.
- You tend to like visual recording by using a camera or camcorder.
- You can write quickly when you take notes or think about something. You can draw pretty well.
- You feel easy to read maps or navigate, you have the ability to understand good direction.
- You enjoy a game like a puzzle.
4. MUSICAL INTELLIGENCE
Musical intelligence is the ability to enjoy, observe, differentiate, fabricate, shape and express musical forms. This intelligence includes sensitivity to the rhythm, melody and timbre of the music being heard.
- You can play a musical instrument.
- You can sing according to the height of the key tone.
- You can usually remember a rhythm by just listening a few times.
- You often listen to music. You even occasionally attend music concerts. You like – even need – to listen to songs while you work.
- You follow the rhythm of the music well and unconsciously tapping your finger to the rhythm of the song.
5. INTERPERSONAL INTELLIGENCE
Interpersonal intelligence is the ability to observe and understand the intentions, motivations and feelings of others.
- You enjoy working with others in a group or committee.
- You prefer group learning rather than self-study.
- People often come to you for advice.
- You are a person of sympathy.
- You prefer sports teams such as basketball, soffball, soccer than individuals like swimming and running.
6. INTRAPERSONAL INTELLIGENCE
Intrapersonal intelligence is the ability to deal with awareness and knowledge of oneself. Can understand the strengths and weaknesses themselves. Able to motivate himself and do self-discipline.
- You have a diary to record your very deep and personal thoughts.
- You are alone to think about and solve the problem itself.
- You set your goals.
- You are an independent thinker (independent). You know your thoughts and you decide your own decisions.
- You have a hobby or pleasure that is personal that you do not share much or reveal to others.
7. KINESTHETIC INTELLIGENCE
Kinesthetic multiple intelligences is the ability to use our bodies skillfully to express ideas, thoughts and feelings.
- You love to exercise or do physical activities.
- You are good at doing something alone.
- You love to think about issues while active in physical activities such as walking or running.
- You do not mind if asked to dance.
- Every time you go to the entertainment center or game, you are happy with a game that is very challenging and horrible ?? Physically like a jet coaster.
8. NATURALIST INTELLIGENCE
Naturalist multiple intelligences is the ability to recognize, differentiate, express and categorize what is encountered in nature and the environment .
- You love to keep or love animals.
- You can recognize and distinguish the names of different types of trees, flowers and plants.
- You are interested and have enough knowledge about how the body works – where the organ is important – and you understand health.
- You know the path or path, bird’s nest and other wildlife when you walk in nature and you can read weather.
- You can imagine yourself as a farmer or maybe you like fishing.
Of the eight intelligences (intelligence), which one is the superiority of yours and which has not been used optimally?
Knowing that we have advantages or disadvantages in certain intelligences, we will be able to improve ourselves and improve our ability. Therefore, Which one or some of them are yours?