Beautiful but poisonous flowers

Beautiful but poisonous flowers

Who doesn't like to see something beautiful? Every normal human would be happy to see it. Who would have thought that behind their beautiful appearance, if consumed these types of flowers are dangerous to humans and animals. It seems that the term poisonous beauty is not wrong to describe these five plants because if consumed, these flowers can endanger health and even the worst consequences can kill lives. So even though they look beautiful and spoil the eye, it's best if these plants are stored in a place out of reach of children and pets.

Lily Flowers

Lily Flowers

Who does not know this symbol of true love? Yep, the beautiful color and the easy way to plant and care make this flower an option for decoration. I also really like this type of flower. But who would have thought behind her beauty, Lily's leaves and flower petals contain poison and if consumed can make the throat hot and burning.

Ranunculus Flower

Ranunculus

Lovers of ornamental plants are certainly familiar with flowers that symbolize this charm and interest. That's right, Ranunculus flowers. Take a look, very beautiful, isn't it? In addition to the shape, the color is also diverse and looks very beautiful. If you look at it at a glance, you will think that this is a type of rose, because the shape is very similar. However, like Lily flowers, this flower is also very toxic if consumed which causes indigestion.

Hydrangeas

Hydrangea

This flower is a popular flower among ornamental plant lovers. In addition to the beautiful color and shape, this flower has several unique features, namely, this flower can be adjusted depending on the pH of the soil. Hortensia flowers can change color (except white hydrangeas). When the soil pH is at 4.5-5.5 (acidic) the flowers will be blue. Each flower color has a different meaning. This flower is considered toxic because it contains cyanogenic glycoside compounds and will release hydrogen cyanide compounds when ingested.

Foxglove

Foxglove


The striking color and shape of a bell are very interesting to see, especially children. But behind this beauty, the content of glycosides is found in all parts of the foxglove. Glycosides can cause several toxic reactions such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, hallucinations, headaches to delirium.

Azzalea flower

Azzalea

Behind the beauty of this flower, it turns out that this flower is also poisonous, even almost all parts of this flower are poisonous. Of course, when consumed, the stems, leaves, or flower petals. The effects can be shortness of breath, paralysis, and even death.

Autumn Crocus

Autumn Crocus

Look how cute and beautiful this flower is. Because it is easy to grow and the leaves are small green. Usually for cooking. Because it turns out this flower is a very poisonous flower. If consumed this flower can relieve blood pressure to heart disease that can lead to death.

How, do you have these kinds of flowers at home? If so, it should be kept away from children and pets. Better to be careful than sorry later.