For a new traveler, there must be a sense of anxiety when having a vacation abroad. Afraid of difficult communications, worried about the food is not suitable. But one thing that can also be a concern is money.
You can save a lot of money when traveling abroad, here are the 6 secrets to save money abroad, you'll save a lot of money. Here's how.
1. Before leaving or going out, don't forget to eat a lot first. Why? Because the food at the airport is expensive. You can save a lot if you don't buy food at the airport.
Image source : meramuda.com
Eating at the airport usually costs twice as much as a regular meal. Moreover there are low cost airlines that doesn't give free food. If you eat and bring lunch, you can save a lot of money while travelling.
2. Purchase a connecting flight ticket. We never know our plane will delay or not. We might have to buy tickets again if we missed the plane.
Image source : kompasiana.com
If you want to go to a relatively remote country and need a transit, choose connecting flight with the same airline. This will be very useful because the advanced aircraft will wait for you even if your plane will delay.
If forced to change the plane, give a break of at least 4 hours so as not to miss. The problem is, you have to check in at least an hour earlier which means your time is 3 hours left.
The process of getting off the plane and switching the terminal (eg different) it takes an hour too. Especially if you have to go to the immigration as well. Your effective time is one hour.
3. If you need luggage and food on the plane, order it online while ordering tickets. Do not buy it on the spot.
Image source : equival.net
The price of luggage and food in the plane will be expensive if you order it right on the spot. It will be really troublesome if you travel far.
4. Book all accommodation in the destination in the country. It's cheaper and you do not need to bring much money there.
Image source : blog.vokamo.com
As much as possible if it's not emergency, do not withdraw cash in the destination country.Instead, bring enough cash and book all accommodation early. If you've ordered all the accommodation, you do not need to bring a lot of money. You also do not need to withdraw cash at a local ATM.
5. No need to insist on entering popular destinations or UNESCO Heritage because it is usually very expensive for foreign tourists.
Image source : independent.co.uk
For backpacker, you have to be selective in choosing the tourist destination you visit. You can takephotos everywhere, but not all places you have to enter. Popular destinations that are usually predicated UNESCO world heritage is usually very expensive to enter. Example of Taj Mahal 4000 rupee, or Angkor Wat which is now entrance fee worth 37 USD.